Shared Accounts Cannot Access Cameras? What Can Be Done?
“I have been using Arlo camera for about 2 years and not once did I experience any technical issue with it. Recently, I shared access with 2 other accounts and faced no issues, however, the minute I added one more account, the person cannot access the camera. What led to the shared accounts cannot access cameras issue? Is there a way to resolve it?”
Are you too facing this issue? Assuming the answer is yes, we have presented some troubleshooting fixes in this blog post. Walking through them will help you to understand what caused this problem, and how it can be troubleshot. Given this, continue reading this guide.
How to Make Shared Accounts Access Arlo Cameras?
1. Power Cycle the Arlo Camera
Technical glitches are known to cause many issues. These glitches do not arise because of a particular reason. On the contrary, they are known to come uninvited. To get rid of them, it is recommended that you restart the Arlo camera. Restarting the camera is not rocket science. However, if you still feel that you need help to execute the process, following are the instructions which you need to follow:
- You should power down the Arlo camera prior to doing anything else.
- Once done, carefully remove the battery from the camera.
- After giving your camera some time to rest, reinsert the battery.
- Power up the Arlo camera you are using.
Now, check whether the person with whom you have shared the account can view the Arlo cameras or not. In case not, then you ought to take the assistance of the next fix in line.
2. Upgrade the Arlo App Version
Considering you have been using the Arlo camera for about 2 years, the number of times for which you updated the Arlo app matters. When was the last time you upgraded the app? Has it been too long? Well then, congratulations. You have found the second reason why you are experiencing the shared accounts cannot access cameras issue. To resolve it, update the camera with the help of these guidelines:
- In the Arlo app, select SETTINGS > MY DEVICES.
- Select the model of your Arlo camera and INFO > FIRMWAE UPDATE.
- Wait for some time and let the camera get updated.
- After a few minutes, the camera will get rebooted.
It is suggested that you do not interrupt the firmware update process by removing the battery door and removing the battery of the Arlo camera.
3. See the Version Compatibility
You should know that the Arlo application has split into two UI VERSIONS. The original one shows a library whereas the later shows a feed. Both UI versions are not compatible. This forces the sharing process to come to a halt. Chances are that you go stuck with the issue at hand due to the same reason. To take care of the problem, you should ensure that you are using the compatible version of the app. For this, you need to update the app:
- Launch the app and perform Arlo login.
- Locate the UPGRADE NOW button and tap it.
- Swipe through the screen, that is talking about personalizing the network.
- Tap START UPGRADE and wait for some time.
By any chance, if you fail to upgrade the Arlo camera application, take our advice and tap either the TRY AGAIN button or the NEED HELP option.
4. Reset the Arlo Camera in Use
In case not even a single solution given above helped you to resolve the shared accounts cannot access cameras issue, it could be because of a reason which is unknown. Taking this into consideration, you should reset or restore the Arlo camera to the factory default settings. What is that? Are you not sure about how the process can be taken forward? Well, in that case, you ought to continue reading:
- Locate the SYNC BUTTON on the Arlo camera you are using.
- Once you find it, press it very carefully.
- Hold the button for more than 10 SECONDS.
- As soon as the wait is over, release the button.
Now that you have successfully restored your networking device to the factory default settings, it is recommended that you perform Arlo setup from scratch.
After explaining the top solutions above, we are concluding this blog. We hope that now you will be able to resolve the shared accounts cannot access cameras issue. Assuming after you got all the help you needed, if you would like to stay in touch to get the latest updates related to the camera and tips to troubleshoot similar issues, bookmark this website.
Whenever you will visit this website, you will find something new to learn. This will give you the advantage of feeding your knowledge-hungry brain when you want it.