How to Connect Arlo Doorbell to Base Station?
Arlo – the company that ensures that all your belongings and loved ones remain in front of you virtually keeps on launching new cameras every now and then. Not only this but their product canvas also includes Base Stations and doorbells. An Arlo base station is needed so that the user can make his camera or a doorbell up and running. The reason being, they both require an internet connection that the Base Station receives from the host router or modem. Our entire focus in this post will be on how to connect Arlo doorbell to Base Station.
In case you want to know about the instructions to connect an Arlo camera to the base station, it is advised that you contact our online support team. You will find them on their toes to help you out no matter whether you ping them during the day or at night.
Steps to Connect Arlo Doorbell to Base Station
Now, without any delay, let’s start the process of connecting the doorbell to the Arlo base station. This is to inform you that these instructions will come into effect if you’ve already completed the Arlo doorbell installation process and your doorbell is directly connected to the router.
Step 1 – Set Up Your Arlo Base Station
Your Arlo SmartHub or Base Station needs to be properly configured before that. Here’s how you can set up your Base Station to connect it to your Arlo doorbell:
- First of all, unlock your mobile phone and launch the Arlo Secure app.
- In case you’ve not installed the app, do the honors right away.
- Log in to the app using the Arlo login details.
- Once done, tap the “Add New Device” option on the Arlo app.
- Thereafter, select Base Station/Hub.
- Now, you need to connect your SmartHub or Base Station to the router.
- The previous step needs to be executed with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Power up the Base Station now by inserting its power adapter into an electrical socket.
- In some Base Station models, you might need to push the On-Off button.
- Wait for the LED to turn blue [if one LED is there]. Otherwise, let the Power light turn green.
- Get back to the Arlo Secure app and follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Base Station.
In this way, you can set up the Arlo Base Station by accessing the Arlo account. After that, you are free to connect your camera or doorbell to the Base Station via the Arlo camera login or doorbell login details. This is to inform you that the Base Station won’t connect to the internet if you power it up before connecting it to the router. Therefore, take care of the same. After you’re done setting up the SmartHub, you can proceed to execute the second step to connect Arlo doorbell to Base Station.
Step 2 – Connect Video Doorbell and Base Station
Firstly, remove your doorbell from the Arlo account since it was set to work with the direct WiFi connection with the main router. Thence, switch it to an Arlo SmartHub or Base Station Connection. Also, consider taking notes of the existing rules for your video doorbell so that you can assign them to your device while connecting it to the SmartHub. Here’s how you can make your Arlo doorbell work with the Base Station:
- Launch the Arlo app.
- Select the Devices option.
- Now, tap the Video Doorbell option.
- Thenceforth, tap the Gear icon.
- Select the device name on the Device Settings screen.
- Afterward, select Remove Device.
- The Remove Device option can be found at the bottom of the Device Info screen.
- Your doorbell is now reset and removed from the account.
- Now, tap the + icon on the Arlo Secure app.
- Select the Video Doorbell option.
- Now, walk through the on-screen prompts to connect Arlo doorbell to Base Station.
Your Video doorbell is now successfully connected to the SmartHub or Base Station. You can now talk to every person who knocks at your door using the Arlo Secure app.
Our post focused on the instructions to connect Arlo doorbell to Base Station comes to an end here. Before signing off, we want to tell you that you need to update the firmware of your Video doorbell regularly if you are expecting a top-notch experience using it. In case you are not aware of the instructions to get the firmware of your doorbell updated, ping our experts for immediate help.