Cannot Connect Another Arlo 4 Camera? How to Solve Issue?
We have been receiving complaints from various Arlo 4 camera users these days. One of the most common issues that they are experiencing is that they cannot add an additional camera to the existing one. By any chance, if you are stuck with the same problem, it is suggested that you understand why it occurred in the first place. Troubleshooting the issue will come once you’ve understood its causes.
Prior to following the solutions mentioned in the following section, if you would like to get your hands on something basic to fix the issue at hand, then you ought to check the internet connection. If it is not speedy enough, then contact your ISP.
Cannot Connect Another Arlo 4 Camera? Why?
1. Wrong Instructions Followed
The topmost reason why you are a victim of the “cannot connect another Arlo 4 camera” issue is because you did not go through the correct procedure. Did you refer to a third-party website to go about the process? Yes? Well, that is exactly where you went wrong. To rectify your mistake, you need to execute the process again, and this time, make sure that you refer to a reliable source like the product or user manual.
What is that? Do you find the guidelines given in the manual a bit hard to execute? No problem. You can read the steps given below and learn how to add a new Arlo device to your existing Arlo system in a hassle-free manner:
- Open the Arlo app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Devices option or select the Plus sign.
- Select the Arlo device which you are keen in adding.
- Once done, choose the model number of the same.
- Walk through the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- In case you have uninstalled the app, re-install it on your device.
- After it gets installed, launch it and perform Arlo login.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit Add New Device.
- You will now have to select the model number of the camera.
- Do you see some prompts on the screen? Implement them to finish.
2. Usage of Incorrect Subscription
You should know that the number of devices that you can add to your Arlo system depends on not just the type of device which you are using but also the subscription plan. Chances are that you are not using the correct plan. To resolve the problem, it is recommended that you change the Arlo subscription plan. Here is how to do so:
- Access the myarlo.com web address.
- Once you do, select Settings > Subscription.
- Click the Change Plan option.
- You will find it next to Arlo plan you want to change.
- Choose the services that you are interested in removing or adding.
Follow the instructions on the screen. Once the process comes to an end, it is suggested that you check whether the “cannot connect another Arlo 4 camera” problem has been resolved. Are you still stuck with it? No problem. We still have more tips through which you can fix it. Read them and find out what more can be done.
3. Power Cycle the Arlo Camera
Chances are that something is wrong with the existing Arlo 4 camera itself. To take care of the problem, you should power cycle the Arlo camera. This will eliminate every reason, be it external or internal, that cannot be detected easily. For example: technical glitches. To learn how to restart the Arlo camera, you should keep reading.
- Unmount the camera after removing it from its wall socket.
- Remove the battery. Make sure that you do this very carefully.
- Wait for a few minutes. This will give the camera enough time to rest.
- Insert the battery back into the camera and mount it.
- Supply power to it and try to add another Arlo camera to the existing one.
Despite reading this solution, if you still cannot make amends with the problem at hand, then your last resort is to reset or restore the camera to the default settings.
Is There a Procedure for the Same?
The answer is a big yes. There is indeed a proper procedure to reset the Arlo camera. You can take the help of the step-by-step guidelines given here to go about it:
- Locate the sync button on your Arlo camera in use.
- Whenever you find it, press it and hold on for some time.
- After a minute or so, the color of the LED on the camera will change.
- Did it not change? It means that you did not wait enough.
- Thus, execute the same process again and see if it works for you.
With that, we are concluding how the “connect another Arlo 4 camera to your existing device” problem can be troubleshot in a hassle-free manner.